Thursday, September 10, 2009

Reboot

Filled to the brim with academic work, the assignments and their impending datelines line themselves up against me, inching and marching ever closer at an incessant, unceasing pace.

Amidst the pointless, mindless slaving, there is boredom.

And there is a yearning for something more: this can’t be all there is to life. There has just got to be something more.

More to life than these shallow, empty souls that populate the space around me. More to life than these figures, theories, equations, and charts and tables. More to life than humanity’s petty, calculative and selfish attitudes.

I know, I just do: there is something deeper and more meaningful to all this. Something better, something simpler, more honest, more decent and more real --even though at this point in time realism would seem to be the last thing that is on my side.

I don’t need people to breathe optimism or life into me.

I don’t need naysayers, trouble causers or shit stirrers.

I don’t need bitch queens.

I think I know what I need, and I think I know the things that need to be done.

Life shouldn't be this messy or convoluted.

All that happened in the weeks prior sickens me to death still. I don’t ever want a repeat, and never do I want to see myself through that nonsense again.

I’ve found myself a map and a half functioning compass.

Wish me luck.

No comments: