Sunday, September 27, 2009

Jumbled Emotions and Incoherent Thoughts by the Yellow Lamp

If I called it quits, threw in the towel, and let things die...

If I couldn't see past the past,

If I couldn't let bygones be bygones,


Will you blame me for it?

Will you blame me for the things I've said and done?

Will you blame me for the way I behave?


What if there really was nothing more to life than this?

What if none of this was worth the trouble?

What if the your life really was insignificant in the grand scheme of things?


Maybe this is how it all is.

Maybe this is how things end.

Maybe this is the way the universe works.


Surely you can't see everything the way I do,

Surely you think in a different light,

Surely you think I'm crazy.


Would you cut me some slack without me asking for it?

Would forgiveness lie waiting at the end of this road?

Would there be mercy when this is all over?




No comments: