Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Status Report


It’s been three weeks since I landed in Australia, and life here I must say is pretty good!


Well, there are always two sides of a coin of course.

I’ve almost completely forgotten how it feels like to be in a 25C+ environment. Last week I went by three days without rice. I’ve forgotten how it feels like to drive. I’m starting to like, and be okay with having bread taking up an ever increasing portion of my food-pie. Every time I eat a good, proper Chinese meal, it feels like it was forever since I last had one. And if paying eight to ten dollars -the standard price- for every meal once (or twice) a day was of no concern, then there is absolutely no problem with the food here. From Asian to Western, fast food to restaurant to home-cooked-style food, everything is here.

I think that my chances of finding and developing relationships (of any and every sort) here are more limited then they were back home. I think I will be reluctant all the way up till the very end of my course to tip the scale in favour (or against staying and working) here for a couple more years.

I still keep multiplying prices by three and converting them back to RM, though with food this habit has stopped completely. I’m more or less getting used to walking half an hour to get to my classroom in uni, though at the same time the feeling of annoyance and sometimes that of frustration has not subsided.

And speaking of uni, academic life here is starting to get tough-ish. The amount of material I need to read up on and revise for is already piling up and all this are pretty heavy stuff to absorb.

And last but definitely not least, we still have yet to get the internet connection set up in our apartment. Which sucks, but oh well.

The skies are wonderfully blue almost all the time, and the sun and the sky at dusk is simply spectacular.

I should have much more positive things to write about, and that is absolutely true: but knowing me, and me being me, that just doesn’t really happen much! XD

So that’s it for now folks.

I’ll catch you all soon enough. =)

No comments: