Thursday, July 16, 2009

Half Way Round the World


Yes, yes everyone, I'm in Australia!


It's been a busy week, what with trying to get the apartment we're renting furnished and setting up all the basic stuff (e.g. bank account, telephone line, internet).

It's cold and windy here -kinda nice if you asked me- and in the mornings, the skies are impossibly clear, with a wonderful blue hue that kinda belies belief!

My feelings on the other hand are ...confusing, to the point that even I find them difficult to comprehend.

What I do know for sure is that I miss home, I miss mum and dad, I miss my friends, I miss being able to talk to all these people on a daily basis. I also miss many other things, and other people.

And, I'm troubled by the university's academic requirements/expectations that will soon be laid upon me. I don't like being in the calm before a storm.

I dislike how I now am feel so petite short walking down the street, vanishing into the crowd where before I would have been slightly above average in stature.

I wished it didn't have to be so far from or difficult or expensive to get back home. I wished I could see more of you guys, and be in contact with all of you more often.

But oh well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

though we're not there with you physically, our mind and thoughts will always think of you. take good care of yourself man and be brave!

regards
-jeevan-