Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Bridges Burnt

Enough.

I'm sick of these dark recesses.

Come to think of it, isolation and avoiding issues have never helped me in the long run: they serve only to numb the initial shock.

Facing facts, knowing precisely where I stand are the things that give me my grounding.



But I think best of all is dealing with issues.  

I felt a huge sense of liberation when before the finals finished I told the person what I had wanted to tell for a very, very long time straight to the face.

I no longer care about the outcome, or how it will affect said person.

I stand by my decision, but I will not stand for what I consider an utterly unacceptable act.



Today I managed to tell another person what I had wanted to say for quite some time.

And it feels relieving.



It's pretty odd how not caring makes me feel better.

I vow to myself to write less emotionally-drenched posts after this one.

Wish me luck.


And friends, thanks for all your comments. Thanks for sticking around. Thanks for everything. You guys are great.


"...you'd be a clown by now" 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

aren't you glad the holidays are coming. time to relax